Friday, December 4, 2009

Marc Spector: Moon Knight

First some background on this project. My first custom Mighty Mugg was Moon Knight. He's my favorite comic character, and also one I doubted I'd ever get to actually see in Mugg form. So, I bought a Dr. Doom Mugg, whipped together a mockup in illustrator, and jumped right into creating my first custom. Here he is for reference:

He turned out OK for a first attempt. I really liked the moon on his chest. Unfortunately as my Wife and I noticed, I had painted him on backwards. My first Mugg would forever be bowlegged. Jump ahead a couple months and I decided I would make another attempt at a Moon Knight. This time the Ultimate comics version of Moon Knight. Again, here he is for reference:


Ultimate Moon Knight turned out much better. I put him up for sale in a collaboration box set. So unfortunately I did not keep it. Jump ahead to the present. I have learned quite a few tricks since attempting either custom. So to mark almost 1 years time of making Muggs, I returned to Moon Knight as a character. I set out to use all my tricks to make the best Moon Knight Mugg I could, and I think I did. Here he is Marc Spector: Moon Knight.


This Moon Knight features a fully sculpted hood and face, his chest emblem is also sculpted. His wrist gauntlets and boots are made of foam, and his cloth cape is posable. I shall continue to try and collect Moon Knights, and Moon Knight characters from other customizers, but I think I can retire the character from my to-do list.




1 comment:

  1. No! You will not retire. 1. Becasue you're working on a Munny Moon Knight and 2. You're too dedicated and will find something else to customize.

    ReplyDelete